Volunteer for St. Sophia’s Forgotten Felines
St. Sophia’s Forgotten Felines is a all-volunteer run rescue, with no paid staff. We rely on the help from people like to you to keep our cats and kittens cared for and find them forever homes. Currently we have many opportunities in various areas where you can help out.
We mainly work hands-on with cats, but with that work also comes the paperwork.
We need people to help with:
- Making and distributing fliers
- Data Entry for our Medical Database
- Filing and copying
- Answering and returning phone calls and emails
Outreach Assistants help with getting the St. Sophia’s name out there. Their goal is to publicize St. Sophia’s and educate the public on the needs of the cats and kittens in our care.
- Work 4 hour shifts at local pet stores
- Man booths at expos
While many of the cats and kittens in our care stay in foster-homes, St. Sophia’s works with our local Petco in Elmhurst to house adoptable cats and kittens in their on-site Adoption
- Work one 2-hour shift a week
- Thoroughly clean all kennels
- Socialize the cats in the play area
Before cats and kittens can be adopted, they are housed in foster-care where they can be socialized and cared for until they are behaviorally and medically ready for adoption.
If you are interested in fostering, please note:
- All supplies will be provided
- You will be asked to keep the cat(s)/kittens(2) for between 2-4 weeks
- You may need to transport the catI(s) in your care to vet checks or Petco visits