In Order to Adopt you Must:
- Present current photo identification with your current address
- Be willing and able to spend the time & money needed to care for your cat
- Carefully read the terms of our Adoption Contract and agree to its terms.
- Agree that if you cannot keep the cat you have adopted from St. Sophia’s, you must return the cat to us
- Agree to allow an authorized representative of St. Sophia’s to make an adoption follow-up
After you have made the decision to add a furry friend to your household,
there are a few more steps you will need to do to complete the process.
Look through the Available Cats page on our website to find a cat or cats that you are interested in.
Visit with the cat(s) of interest by:
- Stopping by the Elmhurst Petco Adoption Center (199 S Rt 83, Elmhurst, IL 60126)
- Scheduling an appointment (call 847-773-7639, or email firstname.lastname@example.org)
Fill out an Adoption Application, and review it with a St. Sophia’s Representative.
Once your application is approved, sign the Adoption Contract and pay the adoption fee.
- Kittens (2-5 months) = $100.00
- Adult Cats (6 months+) = $75.00
- Black Cats (adults only) = $40.00
- Senior Cats (8+ years) = $40.00
This fee includes:
– Worming and Parasite Treatment
– Feline Leukemia/FIV (AIDS) combo test.
It also allows for the return – FOR ANY REASON – to the shelter of any of our cats or kittens should that become necessary.
Please expect to allow 45 minutes for the actual adoption process.
You will need a sturdy carrier to take the cat or kitten home in, current ID and/or your lease if requested.